Sunday, February 3, 2013
Homemade Lemonade
Now that I have a lemon tree, I have been finding more and more uses for fresh lemons. Here is a recipe for fresh homemade lemonade that everyone will love.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
8-9 cups water
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
zest from 1-2 lemons
Put sugar, 1 cup of water, and zest into a saucepan and cook on low until sugar dissolves. Do not allow to boil. When all the sugar is dissolved, cool in the fridge.
Meanwhile, juice enough lemons to make 1 1/2 cups of fresh lemon juice.
When all your lemons are juiced and the water and sugar mixture is cooled, it's time to add all the ingredients together. First, I used a strainer and strained off the zest from the water and sugar mixture when adding it to the pitcher. Then I added my lemon juice. You can strain this as well if you do not like as much pulp. Then add the remaining water (7-8 cups) until the lemonade is to your liking. I like my lemonade a little more weak so I added more water.
Serve in a pint sized mason jar and garnish with a lemon slice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment